ACM610 Cultural Studies (3 cr.)
This course examines the role of the arts and culture in global societies, how managers facilitate and present artists’ work, and the roles played by various stakeholders in cultural development in diverse communities. The role of arts criticism and how art is assessed in diverse cultures is also discussed.
Upon completion of the course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Explain creative processes and the work of artists.
- Analyze the qualities and impacts of different works of art.
- Relate the role of the artist to the role of the arts organizations and arts managers.
- Compare cultural and artistic practices in various cultures and communities.
- Describe how organizational, social, and physical constructs impact the work of artists and how audiences experience art.
[Add to Portfolio]