ACM625 Cultural Programming & Evaluation (3 cr.)
This course explores the concept planning, design, decision making, and evaluation processes during the start-up, implementation, and completion phases of cultural programs and projects. Linkages between an organization’s strategic direction and artistic programming are examined. Artistic and management staffing, marketing and budget planning, community involvement, and evaluation methods appropriate to measure the success of cultural programming are covered.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Apply the principles of program development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Recognize program life cycles.
- Apply appropriate program/project management tools.
- Analyze the impact on program development by organizational mission, structure, systems, and external factors.
- Identify and write measurable program outcomes for evaluation purposes.
- Apply evaluation information to program management decision making.
[Add to Portfolio]