ACM645 Marketing for Nonprofits (3 cr.)
The course examines practical strategies and trends in marketing for small and mid-sized nonprofit organizations. Topics include the role of marketing in nonprofits, marketing research and planning, marketing’s impact on organizational revenue, relationship between marketing and fund development, types of marketing tools and strategies, audience identification and development, and role of staff and board of directors in nonprofit marketing. Also explored is the role of technology and social media in marketing.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Characterize a nonprofit audience profile in preparing effective marketing strategies.
- Employ positioning strategies, branding, and target marketing to benefit the organization.
- Identify the proper role and benefits of various marketing tools.
- Apply modern marketing approaches using appropriate technology to nonprofits.
- Develop an effective marketing plan.
- Describe the role of marketing in a nonprofit organization.
[Add to Portfolio]