ACM660 Nonprofit Financial Management (3 cr.)
This course presents generally accepted financial management principles and practices applicable to nonprofit organizations. Financial statements and reports are interpreted and analyzed, and financial analysis tools are applied to describe and evaluate the financial condition of nonprofit organizations. Related topics include budgeting, description of financial systems, and legal reporting requirements for nonprofit organizations.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Interpret and evaluate the financial condition of an organization utilizing financial statements.
- Utilize financial statements as a basis for decision making.
- Prepare and analyze operating budgets.
- Employ the use of budgeting and financial monitoring systems to support decision making.
- Describe general financial issues within a nonprofit organization.
- Explain the standards utilized by watchdog organizations.
[Add to Portfolio]