ACM680/681 Residency/Capstone Progression (3 cr.)
Students are expected to complete all hours of the residency working at one cultural organization. The residency is a culminating program experience of at least 240 hours in a cultural organization that prepares students for employment or advancement in the field of arts and cultural management. Knowledge and skills acquired through coursework are applied and evaluated. Plans for additional personal and professional development are considered. Research on the capstone topic continues during the course of the residency.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Reflect upon and assess the development of professional skills related to the residency.
- Apply cultural management skills ethically and effectively within the residency organization.
- Utilize supportive communication with supervisors, peers, and subordinates.
- Analyze the organizational components of the residency institution.
- Develop a capstone proposal, including topic statement and primary research sources.
[Add to Portfolio]