NA771 Clinical Practicum II (2 cr.)
NA606, NA630, NA635, NA640, NA614, NA618, NA620, NA645, NA650, NA651, NA661 and NA770
Clinical practicum provides the student with the opportunity to apply the principles of anesthesia to direct patient care. Students provide supervised care in a variety of settings and specialty rotations to demonstrate proficiency in advanced anesthetic techniques.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Provides a safe patient care environment at all times.
- Demonstrate vigilance while delivering patient care.
- Perform a comprehensive history and physical assessment, creates a relevant care plan, and discusses it with the anesthesia care team.
- Demonstrate dexterity while performing procedures.
- Safely administer anesthesia to patients of all ages and physical conditions for a variety of surgical and medically-related procedures.
- Monitors patients efficiently and accurately.
- Recognize and appropriately respond to changes in the patient’s condition in a timely way.
- Provide nurse anesthesia care based on sound principles and research evidence for all phases of the anesthetic process.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the patient care team, the patient, and their family members.
- Act with regard to cultural differences.
- Function within appropriate standards, policies, and legal requirements.
- Accept responsibility with accountability and integrity in all matters.
- Demonstrate professional behavior appropriate to at all times.
[Add to Portfolio]