NA773 Clinical Practicum IV (3 cr.)
Prerequisite(s): NA 772
Clinical practicum provides the student with the opportunity to apply the principles of anesthesia to direct patient care. Students provide supervised care in a variety of settings and specialty rotations to demonstrate proficiency in advanced anesthetic techniques.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Provides a safe patient care environment at all times.
- Demonstrate vigilance while delivering patient care.
- Perform a comprehensive history and physical assessment, creates a relevant care plan, and discusses it with the anesthesia care team.
- Demonstrate dexterity while performing procedures.
- Safely administer anesthesia to patients of all ages and physical conditions for a variety of surgical and medically-related procedures.
- Monitors patients efficiently and accurately.
- Recognize and appropriately respond to changes in the patient’s condition in a timely way.
- Provide nurse anesthesia care based on sound principles and research evidence for all phases of the anesthetic process.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the patient care team, the patient, and their family members.
- Act with regard to cultural differences.
- Function within appropriate standards, policies, and legal requirements.
- Accept responsibility with accountability and integrity in all matters.
- Demonstrate professional behavior appropriate to at all times.
[Add to Portfolio]