PYD842 Practicum II-A (2 cr.)
Prerequisite(s): PYD821 , PYD822 , PYD841 , PYD840
This is the first of a two-semester advanced doctoral practicum experience which builds on the skills and experience gained in Practicum I. Practicum sites for Practicum II are individually selected to complement the training received in Practicum I. The practicum requires a minimum of 300 hours each of the two semesters. Students on practicum work under the supervision of a doctoral level psychologist, and attend a weekly practicum seminar on campus led by a faculty member.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Maintain productive professional relationships with supervisors and peers.
- Demonstrate assessment and counseling skills at the level expected for a doctoral student prepared for internship.
- Demonstrate a complex understanding of how theory influences practice.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of evidence-based interventions in the application of research to clinical practice.
- Prepare and present formal case presentations (in preparation for the Clinical Case Presentation).
- Synthesize feedback from multiple sources.
- Demonstrate insight into the impact of self on others and others on self.
- Identify contextual variables that influence clinical practice, research, and professional practice.
[Add to Portfolio]