Jun 21, 2018
Lasallian Honors courses
All of the following:
Faith Traditions One (FT1)
One course from:
Natural Scientific Systems (NS)
Students completing the Lasallian Core Traditions Program must complete two of the following courses; at least one course must have a lab.
Students completing the Lasallian Honors Program must complete one of the following courses and lab.
The Natural Scientific Systems general education requirement will be met only when both the lecture and laboratory courses of a lecture/laboratory pair are completed. Passing only the lecture portion of the lecture/laboratory pair does not satisfy a non-laboratory science requirement. Passing only the laboratory portion of the lecture/laboratory pair does not satisfy a laboratory science requirement.
One course from:
Physical Education (PE)
Complete two courses coded for physical education (no credit); dance classes for 0 or 1 credit satisfy this requirement.
Initial Requirements in Mathematics
Students must complete M100 Elementary Mathematical Ideas or M102 Intermediate Algebra with a passing grade, or score at least 70% on the intermediate algebra placement test, or score a minimum of 21 on the math section of the ACT or 500 on the math section of the SAT; to be completed in first year
- A sequence of three writing courses is required: a first year writing course (E120 or E220 , depending on placement); a lower-division writing-intensive course (usually LCT225 , LH155 , or LH205 ); and an upper-division writing-intesive course, usually in the major.
- Students whose initial writing placement is E105 Writing Skills must successfully complete E105 prior to beginning E120 English Composition.
- E120 or E220 should be competed in the first-year.
- Students who bring in AP, CLEP or transfer credits for a course equivalent to E120 prior to their matriculation at Saint Mary’s University may use that course for their first year writing course, even if they are placed into E220 .
The following lower division courses are
The following lower-division courses are coded as writing-intensive and fulfill the second part of the writing requirement:
All students who are placed in E220 who do not have a course to fulfill a lower-division writing course prior to matriculation must take either E220 at Saint Mary’s University or transfer-in an equivalent course. This transfer course must receive prior approval from the dean of student success.
The following upper-division courses are
The following upper-division courses are coded as writing-intensive and fulfill the third and final part of the writing requirement. A course from this list can fulfill the second part of the requirement (lower-division writing-intensive course) if it is not needed for the upper-division requirement:
Oral Communication Requirement
Complete two courses coded for oral communication, either:
- The Critical-Thinking Requirement is satisfied within the major.
- The Problem-Solving Requirement is satisfied with the Quantitative Systems course.