This track concentrates on the skills, technologies and practices necessary to become a successful software artisan. Though students use cutting edge software development technologies, the curriculum focuses on the concepts and principles embodied by those technologies that persist over time.
General Goals for Learning:
In addition to the general goals given above, students in the computer science track will acquire:
• Proficiency in core computer skills;
• Project-based software development experience;
• Software design and architectural skills leading to the construction of quality software;
• Data analysis skill from multiple perspectives and technologies.
• An understanding of the scientific, cultural, and political role that technology plays in our global society.