Sep 25, 2018
The Bachelor of Science in Marketing program is designed to provide the theoretical, practical, technical, strategic, and ethical foundation needed for success in a variety of marketing careers. Key processes in the planning and executing of marketing activities aimed at creating exchanges that satisfy both customer and organizational objectives are addressed. The program also focuses on the issues and trends relevant to marketing efforts in the 21st century.
The emphasis of the Bachelor of Science in Marketing program is three-fold. First, the program provides the foundational theories and frameworks of marketing practice in the 21st century. Second, it emphasizes the use of technology and digital strategies as integral to the success of contemporary marketing initiatives. Finally, in alignment with Lasallian values the program examines the use of marketing theory to enact social change and conduct business in an ethical manner.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Marketing program are expected to be able to do the following:
- Describe the marketing function in the context of organizational management and strategic planning.
- Apply research and environmental analysis to strategic marketing decisions.
- Analyze the various factors that influence consumer behavior.
- Integrate knowledge of consumer behavior into market planning.
- Assess from an ethical perspective the impact of various types of marketing efforts on society.
- Select appropriate means of influencing target markets.
- Utilize technology to analyze markets and promote products and services.
- Identify current marketing trends in a variety of industries.
- Develop a marketing plan.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of modes.
- Continue learning throughout their lives.
Program Structure and Delivery
All required Marketing program coursework is offered fully online. Some coursework is also offered in a face-to-face or blended delivery format.
A minimum of 122 semester credits is required for graduation with the bachelor of science degree from Saint Mary’s University. All students must meet the general education requirements. A minimum of 36 credits is needed to complete the B.S. in Marketing program.
|Required Marketing Courses
|Required Business and Management Courses
|Required Communication Courses
|| 6 cr.
|Required Capstone Course
|| 3 cr.
|| 36 cr.
Required Marketing Courses: 18 cr.
Required Business and Management Courses 9 cr.
Communication Courses: 6 cr.
The faculty members for this program have earned doctorate or master’s degrees. Faculty are selected for their combination of educational and professional experience and expertise.
Applicants may apply for admission to undergraduate certificate and degree programs at any time during the year and, if accepted, begin the program during any one of the three semesters. Applicants must demonstrate the language proficiency necessary for successful undergraduate coursework. Applicants must provide evidence of at least 30 transferable semester credits upon acceptance, including completion of a basic English composition course. Applicants may complete an interview with a program administrator as part of the admission process.
- Completed application form with the nonrefundable application fee (fee not required for alumni or students seeking readmission or veterans and active military personnel and their immediate family).
- All official transcripts issued to Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota from all previous institutions attended with a minimum of 30 transferable semester credits with a Basic English composition course. (An official transcript is one that is sent to the university by the credit-granting institution. Transcripts from countries other than the U.S. must have a course-by-course evaluation completed from an approved member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES.org). These would preferably be completed by World Education Services or Educational Credential Evaluators and must be deemed equivalent to accredited U.S. university standards).
Please Note: Application materials should be sent to the attention of the Office of Admission on the Twin Cities Campus.
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
Office of Admission
2500 Park Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55404