Accreditation and Certification
Saint Mary’s University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission.
The Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604-1411
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is registered as a private institution with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.
Wisconsin Educational Approval Board
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota has been approved and is legally authorized to do business in the state of Wisconsin as a private postsecondary school, subject to the provisions of 38.50 Wisconsin Statutes, and all administrative rules adopted pursuant to statutes. Approval included only those programs and those locations specifically approved by the Board.
National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota has been approved to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education. nc-sara.org
The university is approved for veterans training under the relevant public laws.
The College has the following accreditations/certifications/approvals:
The Bachelor of Arts business and business-related programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE); 11374 Strang Line Road, Lenexa, KS 66215; (913) 631-3009; www.iacbe.org.
- The nuclear medicine technology program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Educational Programs in Nuclear Medicine Technology, 2000 W. Danforth Rd., Ste. 130 #203, Edmond, OK 73003; (405) 285-0546; Fax (405) 285-0579.
- The university is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music: 11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190; (703) 437-0700.
- The peace officer education program is certified by the Minnesota Board of Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST Board), 1600 University Avenue, Suite 200, Saint Paul, MN 55104-3825; (651) 643-3060.
- The School of Education is approved as a teacher certification program by the Minnesota Board of Teaching, Minnesota Department of Education, 1500 Highway 36 West, Roseville, MN 55113; (651) 582-8739. firstname.lastname@example.org
The Schools of Graduate and Professional Programs (SGPP) has the following accreditations/certifications:
- The Baccalaureate Degree Program in Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791
- The Education Specialist program is authorized by the Board of School Administrators (BOSA), Minnesota Department of Education Building, 1500 Highway 36 West, Roseville, MN 55113; (651) 582-8796
- The Marriage and Family Therapy progam is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE) of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT), 112 S. Alfred Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 (703) 838-9808 (Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy, Graduate Certification in Marriage and Family)
- The M.S. in Nurse Anesthesia program is accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs, a specialized accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs, 222 South Prospect Avenue, Park Ridge, IL 60068-4010 (847) 692 7050, http://home.coa.us.com/pages/default.aspx
- The M.S. in Project Management program is accredited by the Project Management Institute Global Accreditation Center for Project Management (GAC), www.pmi.org
- The Psy.D. in Counseling Psychology at Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). Accreditation information can be obtained from the Commission on Accreditation of the American Psychological Association, 750 First Street NE; Washington, D.C. 20002-4242. Phone: 202-336-5979; TDD/TTY: 202-336-6123.