BU477 Biomedical Technology Management (3 cr.)
This course explores the application of management theories and concepts in today’s biomedical technology industry. Best practices related to the management of various biomedical technology processes are examined. Also examined are the essential managerial skills required for managing biomedical technology operations. This course emphasizes an understanding of the various regulations and ethical practices inherent to the biomedical technology industry.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Assess the scope and nature of the biomedical technology industry in today’s global economy.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities required of biomedical technology operations managers.
- Demonstrate skills such as planning, goal setting, organizing, and measuring outcomes required of biomedical technology managers.
- Analyze the circumstances that require the application and practice of managerial skills.
- Describe best practices in the field of biomedical technology management.
- Explain the various regulations and ethical practices that govern the biomedical technology industry.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)