EDD813 Systematic Instructional Design (3 cr.)
Prerequisite(s): EDD809 , EDD811 , EDD812, EDD814 EDD802
In this course students examine models for professional development, curricular implementation, and assessment with special emphasis on systematic instructional design. Topics to be addressed include the needs of assessment, goal setting and analysis, objective writing, generating curriculum and instructional strategies, and determining appropriate assessments, evaluations, and feedback.
Upon completion of the course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Evaluate and apply instructional systems design theories.
- Assess curricular effectiveness.
- Evaluate ethical implications of curricular design.
- Apply and evaluate adult learning theory and teaching techniques for adults to instructional systems design.
- Evaluate educational psychology through curricular design.
[Add to Portfolio]