EDS740 Ethical Issues for Administrators (3 cr.)
This course focuses on the role of education in a democratic society and the ethical and moral leadership of school administrators. The balance of complex community demands in ethical decision making to serve the best interest of learners is examined. The Minnesota Board of School Administrators (MSBA) Code of Ethics is analyzed and its impact on the school climate and curriculum is examined.
Upon completion of the course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Create plans to balance complex demands to best serve school constituencies.
- Analyze the interplay among the democratic value system, ethics, and moral leadership in education.
- Analyze the MBSA Code of Ethics and use it as a basis for situational analysis.
- Identify and balance complex community demands to best help learners develop as caring, informed citizens.
- Evaluate the issues of diversity and community relations in leading educational communities.
[Add to Portfolio]