EDS756 Principal Field Experience I (1 cr.)
Prerequisite(s): Students must apply for the field experience using the application and notification forms in the program manual. Students identify the site(s) for their field experience in the application materials. Concurrent enrollment in the Principal Seminar is required.
The administrative field experience internship offers students opportunities to practice the knowledge and skills within the state-identified competencies for administrative licensure. Over the span of the three 1-credit courses, a total of 320 hours of service, under the supervision of an on-site licensed practicing administrator and a university advisor, are documented. Approximately 107 hours are completed per credit. Among the total 320 hours, at least 40 hours must be logged at each level: elementary, junior/middle level, and high school. Students have, by Minnesota statute, a 12-month period to complete the 320 total hours.
Upon completion of each field experience course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Log approximately 107 hours of administrative field experience.
- Complete hours toward accumulating at least 40 hours each in elementary, junior/middle, and high school.
- Practice the skills associated with the competencies for effective school leadership as prescribed by Minnesota Statues.
- Appraise and reflect on their knowledge of leadership techniques associated with school leadership.
- Compose, collect, and assemble items of evidence documenting engagement in activities which support personal growth in the competencies.
[Add to Portfolio]