LDT622 Personalizing Learning with Digital Technology (3 cr.)
In this course students combine culturally relevant awareness and adapted or created digital applications for personalizing learning and promoting self-directed learning. Assessment data and learning analytics are used to refine and tailor instruction. Trends in online social networking, game-based learning, and other technological advances challenge students to transform their practices and achieve new levels of media literacy.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Evaluate principles of ethics and digital literacy as factors in the teaching, learning, and design process.
- Integrate technology including the use of social media to enhance the learning process.
- Apply principles of culturally responsive teaching to emerging technology learning trends.
- Analyze and implement informal and do-it-yourself activities as a part of learning design to personalize the learning process.
- Use formal and informal assessments to evaluate the effectiveness of design and instruction.
[Add to Portfolio]