EL622 Supervision (3 cr.)
This course examines methods of supervision, evaluation, and mentoring of personnel. Skills for hiring, evaluating, and developing personnel to enhance performance and growth of the educational organization with sensitivity to diversity are the main focus.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Evaluate strategies for identifying and recruiting quality staff.
- Analyze methods for evaluating and reporting faculty/employee performance.
- Examine and apply methods for developing personnel to enhance performance.
- Analyze various approaches/theories to supervision of staff including issues of law, conflict resolution, and negotiation.
- Analyze strategies for promoting a sense of belonging within a diverse organizational community.
- Demonstrate effective written and interpersonal communication skills that drive performance improvement.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)