EL633 Ethics and Law (3 cr.)
This course surveys ethical principles and legal issues that impact leadership in an educational setting. Legal trends, state and federal laws, case studies, and ethical dilemmas as they apply to personal and professional ethics are addressed.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Analyze the history of educational ethical and legal issues in relation to social impact.
- Identify legal and ethical issues regarding education relevant to the student’s career field.
- Discuss and evaluate ethical and legal case studies addressing educational issues.
- Identify and interpret the implication of the code of the ethics related to the student’s career field.
- Demonstrate an integration of ethics and legal principles into personal and professional life.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)