IT305 Enterprise Architecture Fundamentals (3 cr.)
This course covers the fundamentals of enterprise architecture concepts, including the purpose and importance of architecture in the enterprise. It discusses current problems with efforts to establish and maintain architectures, and methods to overcome the obstacles.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Identify the basic components of an enterprise architecture.
- Explain terminology and diagrams used in enterprise architecture.
- Evaluate and select appropriate architectural principles and understand their implementation.
- Identify the business drivers that affect architecture selections.
- Explain the real-world environment in which an architecture exists, including barriers, difficulties, and effectiveness.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as an enterprise architect and provide assistance in implementing an architecture on various projects.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)