MBA619 Graduate School Writing (3 cr.)
The course familiarizes graduate students with the expectations and conventions of graduate writing and research at Saint Mary’s University. It is designed for students with limited graduate writing experience, students who want to refresh their writing skills, and students who need to learn APA style. Course content includes (a) forms of graduate discourse; (b) APA rules of grammar, punctuation, and usage; and (c) methods and resources for graduate research through the Saint Mary’s University Library.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate knowledge of spelling, grammar, and usage as determined by APA.
- Employ the citation and reference style of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association.
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of their own writing.
- Compose a variety of forms of graduate level discourses.
- Retrieve field-specific academic resources from the SMU Library catalog and periodical indexes.
- Evaluate research findings for scholarship and reliability.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)