PY620 Statistical Techniques and Research Methods (3 cr.)
The course provides an overview of research methods commonly used in clinical and counseling psychology. Both research methodology and statistical analysis are reviewed. The course focuses on the interpretation and understanding of research and applied statistical procedures.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Understand basic descriptive statistics and the fundamentals of hypothesis testing.
- Apply appropriate research and statistical methods to research questions.
- Recognize the appropriate applications of statistical findings and their limitations.
- Evaluate research presented in counseling/clinical psychology.
- Apply the fundamentals of research to counseling psychology.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)