HR455 Human Resource Development (3 cr.)
This course explores performance improvement strategies used by business and industry, focusing on employee training and organizational development. It examines how organizations develop employees in alignment with organizational goals and objectives. It explores several methods of measuring training and development.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Describe approaches to training and development at the performer, process, and organizational levels.
- Identify employee assessment strategies aligned with organizational goals.
- Design programs to address development areas such as employee health and wellness, career management, and performance management.
- Evaluate and measure training and development programs.
- Assess the role of human resource development in organizational strategy.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)