HHSM301 Human Service Systems (3 cr.)
This course provides an overview of the historical development of the human services field, human service theories, the systems approach to human services, and the role of the human service professional. It also explores trends in the field of human services, such as medical and mental health breakthroughs and changes in client populations.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Explain the historical development of the human services field and its current structures and issues.
- Identify theoretical orientations in human service work.
- Compare and contrast approaches to human service systems and human service delivery models.
- Understand the role of the human service professional in a variety of settings.
- Identify trends in the field of human services and their implications for the work of the human service professional.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)