MG305 Managerial Ethics (3 cr.)
This course examines the ethical issues and social responsibilities to be considered by business managers in the global economy. Also examined are the frameworks and reasoning skills relevant for understanding and addressing ethical dilemmas in business organizations. The social, political, global, and economic environments within which ethical issues occur are assessed. Finally, the legal and regulatory implications of decision making in business organizations are examined.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Describe the moral traditions, values, and philosophies that have influenced contemporary business ethics.
- Assess the variety of ethical issues that have the potential for impacting organizations in the global economy.
- Recognize the importance of ethical decision making as a component of management and leadership.
- Explore the characteristics and significance of various ethical frameworks and theories.
- Assess the impact of globalization on the ethical decision-making process.
- Examine the legal and regulatory forces that impact business practices and operations.
- Evaluate the scope and significance of socially responsible business practices.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)