MG415 Total Quality and Team Development (3 cr.)
The focus of this course is the development of total quality or continuous improvement in organizations. It reviews the phenomenon of quality, key theories and theorists, statistical process control, and quality programs. Effective team management is emphasized as one of the key components of quality.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Understand the managerial and philosophical meanings of quality.
- Describe the continuous improvement process as it relates to manufacturing/service industries.
- Formulate basic problem solving approaches to implement short term solutions and eliminate the root causes of quality problems.
- Discuss quality program standards as they relate to the quality improvement process.
- Develop and analyze statistical process control charts used for monitoring processes.
- Discuss the different approaches to the use of teams in the quality process.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)