MK304 Consumer Behavior and Trend Analysis (3 cr.)
This course explores the theories and frameworks that business and marketing strategists need for assessing purchasing behavior trends. The impact of consumer and business buying behaviors on markets and marketing initiatives is analyzed. The course also examines the contributions of the social sciences in understanding buying behaviors. Students utilize geographic information systems (GIS) technology to explore consumer behaviors and trends that impact business decisions.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Describe the theories and practices of consumer and business purchasing behavior as applied to marketing strategy.
- Identify the factors that affect buying behavior.
- Implement geographic information systems (GIS) technology to describe and analyze consumer purchasing and business trends.
- Explore consumer behavior concepts in used to developing strategic marketing initiatives.
- Evaluate current marketing activities that organizations use to influence buying behaviors.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)