MK420 Advertising Design (3 cr.)
This course involves the study of art and design used in the marketing of products and services. The principles of artistic composition, color, shape, and form used in commercial art is examined. Emphasis is placed on the need for business professionals to understand the fundamental aesthetic principles of advertising design to help ensure successful promotional campaigns.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Identify the main design elements used in commercial art.
- Discuss how art is used to communicate a commercial message.
- Recognize how advertising impacts various psychological states to influence consumer buying behavior.
- Analyze the aesthetic components of an effective advertisement.
- Examine various creative processes used in advertising design.
- Design original commercial advertisements.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)