EDS791 Director of Special Education Field Experience I (1 cr.)
Prerequisite(s): Students must apply for the field experience using the application and notification forms in the program manual. Students identify the site(s) for their field experience in the application materials. Concurrent enrollment in the Director of Special Education Seminar is required.
The administrative field experience internship offers students opportunities to practice the knowledge and skills within the state-identified competencies for administrative licensure. Over the span of the three 1-credit courses, a total of 320 hours of service, under the supervision of an onsite licensed practicing administrator and a university advisor, are documented. Approximately 107 hours are completed per credit. Among the total 320 hours, at least 40 hours must be logged at a second education organization at the top leadership level. Students have, by Minnesota statute, a 12-month period to complete the 320 total hours.
Upon completion of each field experience course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Log approximately 107 hours of administrative field experience.
- Complete hours toward accumulating at least 40 hours at a second education organization at the top leadership level.
- Practice the skills associated with the competencies for effective school leadership as prescribed by Minnesota Statutes.
- Appraise and reflect on their knowledge of leadership techniques associated with school leadership.
- Compose, collect, and assemble items of evidence documenting engagement in activities which support personal growth in the competencies.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)