MG410 Applied Leadership and Management (3 cr.)
This course explores the application of leadership and management theory in today’s business organizations. Contemporary organizational leadership theories and practices are examined. Also examined are management functions such as planning, organizing, and decision making. The course emphasizes the analysis of leadership and management skills needed by professionals in various organizational situations. Leadership and management practices in the context of various organizational trends are evaluated.
Upon completion of this course students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Assess leadership and management theories, frameworks and concepts.
- Explain the roles and responsibilities required of leaders and managers in organizational contexts.
- Analyze the circumstances that require the application and practice of leadership and management skills.
- Evaluate the significance of both formal and informal leadership roles in an organization.
- Demonstrate management skills such as planning, goal setting, decision-making, and measuring outcomes.
- Explore emerging trends that impact organizations such as global competition, workforce diversity, corporate social responsibility, and organizational change that leaders and managers need to understand.
- Assess the impact of effective leadership in developing ethical organizational cultures.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)