MFT579 Introduction to Grief and Loss Issues in Family Therapy (1 cr.)
Prerequisite(s): MFT605 , MFT620
This course examines current concerns for MFTs regarding professional development of specialization and competency through the examination of contemporary issues in MFT with individuals, couples, and families. The course covers summarized information on the topic assigned, including applied theories, multicultural implications and responsiveness, multidisciplinary collaboration, and ethical considerations.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Identify and implement practical application of the content area.
- Demonstrate understanding of multicultural implications by creating effective approaches for working with diverse individuals, couples, and families.
- Identify appropriate ethical considerations related to the given topic.
- Demonstrate emerging knowledge of the topic.
- Analyze and evaluate the need for additional resources, including appropriate collaboration with other disciplines, professionals, and/or systems.
- Evaluate personal bias and judgment related to the topic.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)