APSY405 Positive Psychology: Research and Application (3 cr.)
This course explores the scientific foundations of positive psychology. Students investigate key research findings contributing to a science of well-being at individual, communal, and global levels. Students learn about research-based skills and exercises to increase well-being and positive emotion and begin to practice these skills in their interpersonal lives. Additionally, students develop and evaluate a new positive intervention for an audience of their choice.
Upon completion of the course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Discuss the scientific foundation of positive psychology.
- Examine research in the field of positive psychology.
- Practice positive psychology skills and exercises for improvement in well-being,
- Analyze well-being for continued improvement in self and others.
- Apply positive interventions to an audience of choice.
- Demonstrate effective communication in interpersonal and small group relationships.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)