PYD815 Cognitive Assessment (3 cr.)
This course covers administration, scoring, and interpretation of standardized individual tests of cognition and cognitive abilities. These instruments include current versions of standard intelligence and memory scales and their use in the assessment of functioning in areas such as memory and executive functioning. The impact of clients’ culture and background on test results, the incorporation of results into psychological reports, and ethical issues are examined.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Evaluate and select cognitive assessment instruments using rigorous psychometric principles and practices.
- Utilize cognitive assessment instruments to evaluate cognitive ability and cognitive functioning in children, adults, and older adults.
- Demonstrate the ability to administer, score, and interpret selected cognitive tests in a manner that is consistent with standard practices and is culturally appropriate.
- Integrate test information with interview, collateral, and background information and cultural features.
- Effectively communicate test results to colleagues, clients, and other appropriate parties.
- Apply ethical standards in the conduct of cognitive assessment.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)