Mar 03, 2024
The Saint Mary’s University Master of Business Administration combines scholarship, application, and experiences to elevate student skill sets with the professional capital valued by firms today - transferable knowledge, judgment, perspective, professional insight, and character. Students will find a flexible program that immerses them in the quantitative and ethical realities of business. The forward-thinking curriculum imparts solid core knowledge with unique professional experiences - field study and real-time projects conducted in partnership with firms from one of the nation’s premier business communities.
An international perspective is integrated across the MBA curriculum. Ethical dimensions of managerial actions and decisions are examined throughout as students are engaged in corporate social and environmental responsibility, sustainable economic enterprise, and issues of business character. Saint Mary’s University envisions graduates who are ready for the business world because they have the foundation for lifetime professional growth, strong business skills, cultural acumen, and independent thinking used with ethics.
Upon completing the program, graduates are expected to do the following:
- Communicate effectively in a variety of modes.
- Act with integrity and ethics.
- Make evidence-based decisions.
- Lead for the common good, looking beyond self to build better organizations.
- Contribute to organizational success through a broad knowledge of business.
- Perform quantitative analysis.
Program Structure and Delivery
Students can choose from three curricular options: a customizable general management MBA (39 credits), an MBA with a specialization (45 credits), or an accelerated online MBA (30 credits). The accelerated online MBA program is for those with extensive experience or skills in both quantitative analysis and writing and has special admission requirements.
The Master of Business Administration program is offered in a blended format or fully online. Courses delivered in the blended format integrate face-to-face classroom meetings and online activities or interactions in a planned, instructionally valuable manner.
The faculty members for this program have earned doctorate or master’s degrees. Faculty are selected for their combination of educational and professional experience and expertise.
For all applicants:
Applicants may apply for admission to master degree programs at any time during the year. Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution and maintained an overall grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale. Applicants must demonstrate the language proficiency necessary for successful graduate coursework. If the grade point average upon admission is below 2.75, or if a grade point average is not available, or language proficiency is not adequate, the applicant may be admitted with conditional status.
Additional admission requirements for accelerated MBA applicants:
A. GMAT exam score of 500 or higher; or
B. 2 years of work experience including quantitative and writing responsibilities, demonstrated through a resume which shows 2 years of progressive responsibility in an area that includes both writing and quantitative analysis; AND a work sample, such as a business plan that shows written work as well as financial analysis, or
C. Completion of an approved Saint Mary’s University graduate certificate program.
Note: Once admitted, students cannot switch back and forth between the online MBA and on-ground MBA options.
Graduate Certificate to Master’s Degree
Students currently enrolled in a Saint Mary’s University graduate certificate program that can be used toward this degree are eligible to enroll in the master’s program through the Change/Add Program process. Students that have been withdrawn from the university must seek readmission through the Registrar’s office.
Applicants must submit the following:
1. Completed application form with the nonrefundable application fee (fee not required for alumni or students seeking readmission or veterans and active military personnel), and
2. An official transcript(s) issued to Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota from the institution posting the applicant’s completed bachelor degree and other relevant transcripts documenting program prerequisites and potential transfer credits. (An official transcript is one that is sent to the university by the credit-granting institution. Transcripts from countries other than the U.S. must be evaluated on a course by course basis by a university accepted evaluation service, such as World Education Services, Educational Credential Evaluators, Educational Perspectives, or One Earth International Credential Evaluators and be deemed equivalent to accredited U.S. university standards). Evaluations from an approved member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES.org) will also be accepted.
3. A reflective essay which includes the following:
a. a brief description of the applicant’s background, training, and experience; and
b. a statement indicating the career goals of the applicant and their reasons for seeking admission to the program; and
c. a description of the areas the applicant considers to be their strengths and areas in which the applicant wishes to develop greater strengths and abilities; and
d. a personal information the applicant wishes to share.
4. Names of two people (including title, organization, email, phone number) who could serve as professional references, if needed, during the application review process. The best references are those who can verify professional and/or volunteer experience and academic ability and, for accelerated program applicants, note the ability to write and perform quantitative analysis.
5. A current résumé listing educational background and work experience.
6. Applicants with international transcripts may require an English language proficiency exam (TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or MELAB accepted.)
Please Note: Application materials should be sent to the attention of the Office of Admission on the Twin Cities Campus.
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
Office of Admission
2500 Park Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55404