Jun 17, 2021
The Graduate Certificate in Cybersecurity Management is geared toward students that seek to focus on managing information security within organizations. The certificate will focus on aspects such as security policy, risk management, operational strategies, security architecture and security planning. The program advances students’ technical knowledge in information security along with developing leadership skills for business planning and security plan implementation and management.
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Cybersecurity Management are expected to be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate business management skills relevant to administering information security programs in organizations.
- Apply leadership skills in information security operations.
- Develop a strategic balance between business needs and overall information security architecture planning.
- Evaluate risk management frameworks, methods, and strategies.
- Protect enterprise-wide information assets.
Program Structure and Delivery
The Cybersecurity Management Certificate is delivered fully online.
Master’s Degree Completion
For those students seeking to use this certificate toward a full master’s degree, see the following options:
The faculty members for this program have earned doctorate or master’s degrees. Faculty are selected for their combination of educational and professional experience and expertise.
Applicants may apply for admission to master’s degree programs at any time during the year. Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution and maintained an overall grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale. Applicants must demonstrate the language proficiency necessary for successful graduate coursework. Applicants may complete an interview with a program administrator as part of the admission process.
Applicants may apply for admission to master’s degree programs at any time during the year. Applicants may have completed an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution and maintained an overall grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale. Applicants must demonstrate the language proficiency necessary for successful graduate coursework. Applicants may be required to complete an interview with a program administrator as part of the admission process.
Applicants must submit:
- Completed application form with the nonrefundable application fee (fee not required for alumni or students seeking readmission or veterans and active military personnel and their immediate family) and,
- An official transcript issued to Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota from the institution posting the applicant’s completed bachelor degree and other relevant transcripts documenting program prerequisites and potential transfer credits. (An official transcript is one that is sent to the university by the credit-granting institution. Transcripts from countries other than the U.S. must be evaluated on a course by course basis by a university accepted evaluation service, such as World Education Services, Educational Credential Evaluators, Educational Perspectives, or One Earth International Credential Evaluators and be deemed equivalent to accredited U.S. university standards). Evaluations from an approved member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES.org) will also be accepted.
- A personal statement which includes:
- brief description of the applicant’s background, training, and experience and,
- statement indicating the career goals of the applicant and his or her reasons for seeking admission to the program and,
- description of the areas the applicant considers to be his or her strengths and areas in which the applicant wishes to develop greater strengths and abilities and,
- personal information the applicant wishes to share.
- Names of two people (including title, organization, email, phone number) who could serve as professional references, if needed, during the application review process. The best references are those who know you in a professional capacity, such as current or former supervisors.
- A current résumé listing educational background and work experience.
See individual programs for additional application requirements.