Feb 29, 2024
The field of marketing continues to evolve with an increased reliance on technology, data analytics, social media, and content marketing. The ability to apply cutting edge online tools and techniques to promote a brand and stimulate interest in its products and/or services makes today’s digital marketer a critical member of any organization. Digital Marketing Certificate students learn digital advertising tools, like Google Ads (PPC), analytics, social media platform advertising, and the keys to Search Engine Optimization. In addition, students gain experience in marketing strategy by studying branding, content marketing, paid and organic growth strategies, communication plans, ethics, and social media policy relevant to business today. The two online semesters make this certificate possible for the working professional. This certificate is designed to engage learners as a part of a community of professionals advancing their marketing credentials. Using material from the Digital Marketing Institute (DMI) and American Marketing Association (AMA) certification courses combined with instructors who are working marketing professionals ensures content is relevant and practical. Upon completion of this certificate, students are prepared for a Certified Digital Marketing Professional (CDMP) certification from DMI. Certification fees are included in the tuition for this certificate.*
*Certification fees include exam prep materials and first exam attempt for the Certified Digital Marketing Professional exam from DMI. Value totalling $1,368.
Graduates of the Digital Marketing Graduate Certificate are expected to be able to do the following:
- Develop branded content aligned with organizational goals that supports organic and paid growth through a variety of digital channels.
- Interpret and respond to real-time analytics providing recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Understand how critical components of consistent branding support messaging, marketing strategy, and organizational success.
- Create and manage digital marketing policies demonstrating governance tactics and industry and legal compliance.
Program Structure and Delivery
The Digital Marketing Certificate is delivered fully online.
The faculty members for this program have earned doctorate or master’s degrees. Faculty are selected for their combination of educational and professional experience and expertise.
Applicants may apply for admission to graduate certificate programs at any time during the year. Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution and maintained an overall grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale. Applicants must demonstrate the language proficiency necessary for successful graduate coursework. Applicants may complete an interview with a program administrator as part of the admission process.
Applicants may apply for admission to graduate certificate programs at any time during the year. Applicants may have completed an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution and maintained an overall grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale. Applicants must demonstrate the language proficiency necessary for successful graduate coursework. Applicants may be required to complete an interview with a program administrator as part of the admission process.Applicants must submit for following:
- Completed application form with the nonrefundable application fee (fee not required for alumni or students seeking readmission or veterans and active military personnel and their immediate family) and,
- An official transcript issued to Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota from the institution posting the applicant’s completed bachelor degree and other relevant transcripts documenting program prerequisites and potential transfer credits. (An official transcript is one that is sent to the university by the credit-granting institution. Transcripts from countries other than the U.S. must be evaluated on a course by course basis by a university accepted evaluation service, such as World Education Services, Educational Credential Evaluators, Educational Perspectives, or One Earth International Credential Evaluators and be deemed equivalent to accredited U.S. university standards). Evaluations from an approved member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES.org) will also be accepted.
- A personal statement which includes:
- brief description of the applicant’s background, training, and experience and,
- statement indicating the career goals of the applicant and his or her reasons for seeking admission to the program and,
- description of the areas the applicant considers to be his or her strengths and areas in which the applicant wishes to develop greater strengths and abilities and,
- personal information the applicant wishes to share.
- Names of two people (including title, organization, email, phone number) who could serve as professional references, if needed, during the application review process. The best references are those who know you in a professional capacity, such as current or former supervisors.
- A current résumé listing educational background and work experience.
See individual programs for additional application requirements.
Please Note: Application materials should be sent to the attention of the Office of Admission on the Twin Cities Campus.
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
Office of Admission
2500 Park Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55404