Though students use cutting-edge software development technologies, the curriculum focuses on the concepts and principles embodied by those technologies that persist over time.
The emphasis of the software design track is on providing students with an education that guides them to be proficient in core programming skills and to be experienced in project-based software development. Students will also acquire critical information technology skills which will lead to the construction of quality software.
Students who earn a degree in the software design track will graduate with data analysis skills from multiple perspectives and technologies and an understanding of the scientific and cultural role that technology plays in our global society.
General Goals for Learning:
In addition to the general goals given above, students in the Software Design track will acquire:
- Proficiency in core computer skills.
- Project-based software development experience.
- Software design and architectural skills leading to the construction of quality software and systems.
- Data analysis skill from multiple perspectives and technologies.
- An understanding of the scientific, cultural, and political role that technology plays in our global society.