Accreditation and Certification
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
The Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604-1411
800-621-7440 / 312-263-0456
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is registered with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to Minnesota Statutes sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota has been approved to provide education to Wisconsin residents as a private postsecondary school, subject to the provisions of Wis. Stat. § 440.52, and all administrative rules adopted pursuant to statutes. Approval includes only those programs and those locations specifically approved by the State of Wisconsin Educational Approval Program (EAP).
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota has been approved to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education; www.nc-sara.org.
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is approved for veterans training under the relevant public laws.
Specialized accreditations, certifications, and approvals:
- Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM); 11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190; 703-437-0700; https://nasm.arts-accredit.org.
- Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota’s Bachelor of Arts business programs are accredited through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE); 11374 Strang Line Road, Lenexa, KS 66215; 913-631-3009; www.iacbe.org.
- Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota’s Nuclear Medicine Technology Program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Educational Programs in Nuclear Medicine Technology, 2000 W. Danforth Rd., Ste. 130 #203, Edmond, OK 73003; 405-285-0546; Fax 405-285-0579.
- Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota’s Peace Officer Education Program is certified by the Minnesota Board of Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST Board), 1600 University Avenue, Suite 200, Saint Paul, MN 55104-3825; 651-643-3060; https://dps.mn.gov/entity/post.
- Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota’s undergraduate and graduate teacher licensure preparation programs (Elementary Education major, B.A.; Secondary Education major, B.A; Master of Arts in Teaching; Master of Arts in Special Education; Master of Arts in English as a Second Language; Master of Arts in Literacy Education) are approved by the Minnesota Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board, Minnesota Department of Education, 1500 Highway 36 West, Ste. 300; Roseville, MN 55113; 651-539-4200; firstname.lastname@example.org; www.mn.gov/pelsb.
- Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota’s K-12 principal, Director of Special Education, and Superintendent licensure preparation program (Ed.S. in Educational Administration) is authorized by the Board of School Administrators (BOSA), Minnesota Department of Education Building, 1500 Highway 36West, Roseville, MN 55113; 651-582-8796; www.mnbosa.org.
- Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota’s M.Ed. in Teaching and Learning, offered in Jamaica in collaboration with the Catholic College of Mandeville, is accredited by the University Council of Jamaica, 2nd Floor, HEART/Trust-NTA Building, 6b Oxford Road, Kingston 5, Jamaica; 876-929-7299; www.ucj.org.jm.
- The Baccalaureate Degree Program in Nursing at Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036; 202-887-6791.
- The Master of Science in Nurse Anesthesia program at Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is approved by the Minnesota Board of Nursing, 2829 University Avenue SE, #200, Minneapolis, MN 55414-3253; 612-317-3000; Toll-free 888-234-2690; TTY Number 800-627-3529; Fax 612-617-2190; mn.gov/health-licensing-boards/nursing.
- The Master of Science in Nurse Anesthesia program at Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA), 222 S. Prospect Ave., Park Ridge, IL 60068; 847-655-1160; http://home.coa.us.com. The program’s next review by the COA is scheduled for May/October 2020.
- The Marriage and Family Therapy program at Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE) of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT), 112 S. Alfred Street, Alexandria, VA 22314; (703) 253-0473; email@example.com. (Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy).
- The Master of Arts in Health and Human Services Administration program is accredited by the Minnesota Board of Examiners for Nursing Home Administrators (MN BENHA), 2829 University Avenue, Ste. 404, Minneapolis, MN 55414; 651-201-2731; firstname.lastname@example.org; https://mn.gov/boards/nursing-home.
- The Psy.D. in Counseling Psychology program at Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). Accreditation information can be obtained from the Commission on Accreditation of the American Psychological Association, 750 First Street NE; Washington, D.C. 20002-4242. Phone: 202-336-5979; TDD/TTY: 202-336-6123.
- Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota’s M.S. in Project Management program is accredited by the Project Management Institute Global Accreditation Center for Project Management (GAC); www.pmi.org.
- Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota’s B.S. in Human Resource Management and M.A. in Human Resource Management programs have been recognized as fully aligning with the Society for Human Resource Management’s Curriculum Guidebook and Templates; 800-283-7476; www.shrm.org.