ACM630 Fund Development (3 cr.)
This course examines techniques, tools, and strategies needed for the development of contributed revenue in nonprofit organizations. Topics include development and assessment of an organization’s fund development plan; preparation of grant proposals, other type of appeals, and special events; coordination of capital campaigns and planned giving; and examination of how different types of organizations manage fund development needs. Also discussed are the donor’s viewpoint and emerging trends in philanthropy, and the ethics and legalities of fundraising.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Identify funding opportunities appropriate to an organization.
- Evaluate components of various types of fundraising campaigns.
- Discuss role of staff and board members in meeting fundraising objectives.
- Evaluate a targeted funding appeal.
- Design a contributed revenue strategy.
- Summarize the adequacy of an organization’s fund development program and position.
- Assess the ethical implications of various fundraising strategies.
[Add to Portfolio]