ACM650 Arts Education (3 cr.)
This course presents participants with information and tools to analyze, assess, improve, and create education programs for arts and cultural organizations. By examining current national research and trends in arts education, and national and local resources, students gain both a theoretical and practical grounding in best practices for education programming for arts and cultural organizations.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Articulate a rationale for arts education informed by current practice and research.
- Identify local as well as national arts education resources and the forces that affect arts education.
- Examine best practices and standards in arts education programs and partnerships.
- Analyze the role of community stakeholders and partners in arts education, and most frequently used delivery systems.
- Evaluate arts education program designs.
- Create arts education programs that provide quality arts education, meet demonstrated community need, and effectively advance an organization’s mission.
[Add to Portfolio]