EDS710 Leadership Theory (3 cr.)
The course focuses on applied theories of leadership behavior. It surveys the concepts of leadership effectiveness: leaders as change agents, and leaders as servants. The roles of leadership in organizational communication, control, empowerment, and conflict resolution are analyzed.
Upon completion of the course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Analyze and demonstrate strategies for improving the organizational structure and culture and climate for all stakeholders.
- Evaluate models of leadership theories.
- Apply leadership theories to appropriate situations.
- Analyze strategies that ground effective organizational leadership.
- Evaluate self-discovery as a factor in leadership.
- Evaluate the development of organizational vision.
- Evaluate the role of culture in leadership.
- Evaluate the role of ethics in leadership.
- Analyze the value of organizational diversity.
- Facilitate and evaluate organizational change.
- Demonstrate effective communication in various leadership situations.
[Add to Portfolio]