AC315 Cost Accounting (3 cr.)
The course emphasizes strategic aspects of cost and managerial accounting. Topics include cost behavior, relevant information for decision analysis, budgeting and the role of accounting in business strategy. The course also covers current management accounting theories.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Analyze cost behavior.
- Develop a master budget and supporting budgets.
- Apply pricing and cost management strategies.
- Apply appropriate analysis and technique to solve non-routine problems.
- Discuss current topics in cost management accounting.
- Communicate results in a complete and ethical manner.
- Analyze various types of computer software and relate the importance to cost accounting and management decision making.
- Study and apply the professional code of ethical conduct for management accountants.
[Add to Portfolio]