ACCT650 Forensic Accounting and Fraud Analysis (3 cr.)
This course examines fraud schemes and addresses fraudulent financial reporting, misappropriation of assets, and corruption. Students learn how to develop evidence to assist a fraud case through litigation support and expert testimony techniques.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Research fraud issues and internal control within the workplace to recommend a course of action.
- Identify common fraud schemes and fraudulent financial reporting.
- Identify the evidence misappropriation of assets.
- Identify and evaluate criminal activity related to accounting fraud.
- Develop evidence to assist a fraud case through litigation support and expert testimony techniques.
- Research the role of technology in the forensic accounting profession.
[Add to Portfolio]