PYD841 Practicum I-B (2 cr.)
Prerequisite(s): PYD806 , PYD812 , PYD813 ,PYD815 , PYD816 , PYD818 , PYD820 , PYD825
This is the second course of a two-semester introductory doctoral practicum experience which includes supervised training in assessment and psychological interventions and focuses on building foundational clinical skills. The relative proportion of assessment and intervention work may vary depending on the practicum site and the individual student’s background and training needs. The practicum requires a minimum of 300 hours each of the two semesters. Students on practicum work under the supervision of a doctoral level psychologist. Students also attend a weekly practicum seminar on campus led by a faculty member.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Form productive professional relationships with supervisors and peers.
- Demonstrate assessment and counseling skills at the level expected for a doctoral student who is prepared for a second practicum.
- Conceptualize case material according to various theoretical orientations.
- Apply clinical research to practice.
- Present clinical cases for consultation.
- Identify cultural and diversity issues relevant to clinical material and professional development.
- Integrate feedback from supervisors to improve performance.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)