Mar 21, 2023
Return to: Programs of Study
The Individual and Team Leadership Graduate Certificate is focused on complementing the other master’s degree programs within SGPP with additional learning in the areas of individual and team leadership. While a student may want to focus on certain subject matter expertise for their master’s degree, individual and team leadership skills are important for every member of an organization whether or not they pursue a full graduate degree in organizational leadership.
1. Demonstrate an understanding of leadership concepts and ethical decision making.
2. Develop an individual approach to personal leadership and leadership at a team level.
3. Evaluate communication, team building, and collaborative methods for leading teams.
4. Analyze the elements of power and influence in various leadership environments.
Program Structure and Delivery
The Individual and Team Leadership Certificate is delivered fully online.
The faculty members for this program have earned doctorate or master’s degrees. Faculty are selected for their combination of educational and professional experience and expertise.
Applicants may apply for admission to graduate certificate programs at any time during the year. Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution and maintained an overall grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale. Applicants must demonstrate the language proficiency necessary for successful graduate coursework. Applicants may complete an interview with a program administrator as part of the admission process.
Applicants may apply for admission to graduate certificate programs at any time during the year. Applicants may have completed an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution and maintained an overall grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale. Applicants must demonstrate the language proficiency necessary for successful graduate coursework. Applicants may be required to complete an interview with a program administrator as part of the admission process.Applicants must submit for following:
- Completed application form with the nonrefundable application fee (fee not required for alumni or students seeking readmission or veterans and active military personnel and their immediate family) and,
- An official transcript issued to Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota from the institution posting the applicant’s completed bachelor degree and other relevant transcripts documenting program prerequisites and potential transfer credits. (An official transcript is one that is sent to the university by the credit-granting institution. Transcripts from countries other than the U.S. must be evaluated on a course by course basis by a university accepted evaluation service, such as World Education Services, Educational Credential Evaluators, Educational Perspectives, or One Earth International Credential Evaluators and be deemed equivalent to accredited U.S. university standards). Evaluations from an approved member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES.org) will also be accepted.
- A personal statement which includes:
- brief description of the applicant’s background, training, and experience and,
- statement indicating the career goals of the applicant and his or her reasons for seeking admission to the program and,
- description of the areas the applicant considers to be his or her strengths and areas in which the applicant wishes to develop greater strengths and abilities and,
- personal information the applicant wishes to share.
- Names of two people (including title, organization, email, phone number) who could serve as professional references, if needed, during the application review process. The best references are those who know you in a professional capacity, such as current or former supervisors.
- A current résumé listing educational background and work experience.
See individual programs for additional application requirements.
Please Note: Application materials should be sent to the attention of the Office of Admission on the Twin Cities Campus.
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
Office of Admission
2500 Park Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Return to: Programs of Study